If you happen to suffer from any of them, then it’s in your best interest to learn about some tips and tactics to deal with them. The symptoms can be easily confused as having a common cold, but it could be managed! Read this article for tips on dealing with your allergic symptoms effectively. If you do your workouts outdoors, schedule your workouts around dawn or dusk during peak allergy season. Pollen count is usually lowest during these times, and you are going to feel far more comfortable.
Tips to Consider:
If you are exercising outside during allergy season, and you are having trouble breathing, you should consider lightening your outdoor workout. Try running less, or not as hard so it is easier for you to breathe. Exercise is very important so keep it up! A great thing to do when you have bronchial allergies is to make sure you are always hydrated. If you do not stay hydrated, the bronchial mucosa will become inflamed and dry. When you’re dehydrated, your mucousal glands also start producing secretions that will remain in your bronchial tubes and won’t break up easily.
Medications for allergies:
- When you are taking medications for allergies, it is of critical importance that you consult with your doctor and pharmacist about any foods or other drugs that may not interact properly with your medication. The side effects and reactions between drugs can be extreme, so you need to know before you take them if there are any risks associated with consuming other drugs or foods.
- Wash your pillowcases on a regular basis, if you suffer from allergies. Pillowcases tend to collect dust, pollen, and other allergens that could really affect you. Washing them and your other linens can prevent this from happening. If you can, try to purchase non-allergenic pillows cases, sheets and other bedding.
Reduce your exposure to allergens:
- A good way to reduce your exposure to allergens is to close your windows and doors in the morning and night. Many of the common allergens are at their peak during these times of the day. Most outdoor allergens are pollen. Natural sources like pollen are at their highest levels at these times of the day.
- If you are severely allergic to a certain kind of seafood, you may experience a reaction without even ingesting it. Steam that arises from seafood that is being prepared or boiled may be enough to trigger a serious allergic reaction. Never cook with an ingredient that you are allergic to, even if you do not intend to eat it.
- Invest in an air purifier. An air purifier, especially in the bedroom, can help make a person with allergies much more comfortable. These units circulate air similar to a fan, while filtering out dust and other air pollutants. For the best results, look for a unit that features a HEPA filter.
- If you like to go running, but you suffer from allergies, avoid windy days and go for your run later in the day. Wind tends to cause pollen to fly around. Also, the later hours of the day are when pollen is not as high, as other times of the day.
Clean your bathroom often:
Warm, humid bathrooms can become hotbeds of mold unless they are cleaned weekly. You can rid your bathroom of mold by cleaning your walls with a bleach and water mixture. This also ensures mold cannot gradually grow, which is great for preventing allergies. While driving to school or work during a peak allergy season, set your vehicle’s air-conditioning unit to “recirculate.” This setting cleans and cools the air without drawing in pollen or spores from outside. Whenever you take your car in for an oil change, ask the mechanic to replace your air filter as well.
If your allergy symptoms flare up frequently, you may want to think about getting allergy shots. These work by a physician injecting a small amount of allergen into your system over time. Eventually, your immune system will be able to fight off allergy attacks. These are usually given for 3 to 5 years. You don’t have to avoid fun activities like parks or restaurants just because of your allergies. Knowing your options will allow you to manage your symptoms effectively. Remember the tricks listed in this guide and you will be able to live better despite having allergies.