Traveling can be a pretty fun and exciting experience, but there are a few things to note when deciding to travel. If you follow the travel advice found in this article, you’ll be well prepared for your journey. When traveling out of the country, it is advisable to drink only bottled water. This is especially important in countries where the quality of their tap water may be questionable. It’s better to possibly pay a bit more and be safe than risk getting sick because of contaminated tap water. Make Your Travel Plans Better With This Advice
Tips to know:
- You can save space in your luggage by packing in large airtight bags, such as ziplocks. Find the gallon or 2 gallon size bags, pack t-shirts, socks, underwear and other lightweight fabric items in them, and then roll the air out of the bag before zipping shut. This will reduce the size of your items down and you will be able to fit more in your bag.
- If you’re traveling with kids, it’s tempting to let them all tune out with their own mp3 players, but consider bringing along some books on CD. Having something literate and interesting for the whole family to listen to is not only entertaining and interesting, but provides a common experience that each family member can take forward with them into life (“Hey, remember when I was ten, and we listened to Black Beauty on the way to Maine?”). It’s the stuff of which fond memories are made.
- For any trip, experienced travelers will pack some clothes they can clean themselves with minimum effort. Not only do easily-cleanable clothes reduce the overall amount of clothing a traveler has to take along, they can provide a comfortable safety net in the event of unplanned delays. Clothing that can be rinsed and dried in a hotel sink can be a godsend on an unexpected layover.
- If you don’t mind the inbox clutter, sign up for airline and hotel mailing lists when planning your trip. These lists will often tell you in advance about promotions or offer coupon codes – and they’re always free. These kinds of deals will go quickly, so seeing them right away gives you an edge when booking.
How to Travel:
- If you are worried about traveling with a large carry-on bag, plan ahead. Airlines usually board in groups of five or ten rows, so pick a seat in row 11 or 21, not row 19. Also, as soon as the airline calls the seat block ahead of you, go get in line. This way you’re waiting at the front instead of the back.
- If you have a laptop, bring an A/V cable with you on your trip. Most hotel rooms come equipped with a television, and many now include free wireless internet as well. By hooking your laptop up to the hotel television with an A/V cable you instantly have access to many more entertainment options, whether streaming a movie from the internet to using the laptop as a DVD player.
- Call the airport ahead of time to receive your seat assignment. Without a seat assignment there is a chance that you might be bumped from a flight. If this happens, you could find yourself stuck in the terminal waiting for the next flight. This could take several hours.
- To travel efficiently, research the place you are going to as much as possible. You should know about the culture of the country you are traveling to, so that you do not do anything offensive or forbidden. For instance, be careful about the way you dress, and avoid certain hand gestures.
Next time you’re out on the town and looking to grab a bite, consider chowing down at the nearest Japanese restaurant. Fresh sushi and sashimi are full of protein, very low in fat, and also incredibly delicious. Salmon, for instance, is amazingly rich in vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. In conclusion, many people travel each year to countries all over the world. When traveling, there are always important key points to keep in mind while on your trip, and before your trip even begins. If you follow the key points found in this article, your trip will be very relaxing and enjoyable.