Do you dread the coming of spring each year, because you know that it means itchy eyes and a runny nose? If you are among the millions who suffer from allergies, the following advice can help ease your discomfort. If you have a child with allergies, look around his or her room. Are there an abundance of stuffed animals? These seemingly harmless snuggle toys are a safe harbor for dust mites and other allergens. If your child must sleep with one, try taking it away after he or she falls asleep. Now Keeping Allergies At Bay With These Simple Tricks
Tips to consider:
- Use high-quality, anti-allergen filters in your home heating and cooling system. These filters, which are usually pleated to maximize surface area, remove even the smallest particles of pollen, dander, and other irritants from the air. Because these filters clog more easily than standard filters, you must remember to change them more frequently.
- Dust mites are everywhere. These mites dwell in pillows and mattresses, and they feed off flakes of skin. Yeah, they’re quite disgusting. To fight them, encase your pillows and mattresses in specialized zippered covers and cases. Wash all bedding at least once a week in hot water, which will kill any dust mites.
- If you find yourself experiencing allergic symptoms around the family dog and cat, you may be tempted to blame the animal for your discomfort. You may be correct, but there is also a possibility that you are allergic to pet-borne pollen. If your pet spends time outdoors in vegetation-heavy areas, it may be picking up allergens and bringing them into the house. An allergy test can confirm or refute your suspicions.
Need to call 911:
- People who have severe allergic reactions need to call 911 when they feel the symptoms coming on. This is the best and quickest way to get help and ensure that you do not end up in a more critical condition. Allergic reactions can come on fast, and some can even lead to death, so take the proper measures to get help quickly.
- Up to 30 percent of people who suffer from seasonal allergies may also experience cross-sensitivity after ingesting certain foods. This leads to a tingling, burning or itchy sensation in the throat and may be a result of a reaction between these foods and pollen. If you are allergic to grass pollens, be wary of melons, oranges and tomatoes.
- Many people do not realize they might be exposing themselves to increased allergens just, by the way, they dry their clothes. If you suffer from allergic reactions to pollen, then hanging your clothes outdoors to dry can cause allergic reactions. When the clothes hang, they collect all the pollen that is blown in the breeze while drying.
- Time your outings. Statistics have shown that pollen count is affected by time of day, temperature, rain, and humidity. The worst times to be outdoors are between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, especially on days that are windy, hot and dry. So if you really want to spend some time outdoors, wait until the late afternoon.
Added expense & Do not panic:
If you can spare the added expense, hire another person or a professional lawn care service to take care of all of your landscaping needs. The acts of mowing, raking and weeding can stir up an immense amount of mold, pollen and dust, making you more vulnerable to an allergy attack.
Do not panic if the results of your allergy tests show several positive reactions to numerous allergens. There are many who interact with allergens daily without any noticeable repercussions. In fact, it is possible that a person who is allergic to certain things may go decades without ever experiencing symptoms.
When ever you are cleaning your house, use a dust mask. This will help keep away the dust, pollen, and dust mites that are scattered in the air, as you clean out of your system. Most supermarkets have these in the cleaning supplies aisle. If they don’t, home improvement stores sell them in bulk.
As you are no doubt aware, allergies are one of the most common health problems in the world, so at least you are not alone. Do not give up trying to find ways to relieve your allergy symptoms. By using the advice you have learned in this article, you can get the relief you seek.