Whether it is you who suffers from the allergy or someone you love, you no doubt understand the discomfort associated with it. Regardless, you know how annoying allergies are. Thankfully, the article below offers many excellent tips that offer advice on how to effectively deal with those troublesome allergies. If your allergies act up in the summer, it is important that you keep your air conditioner clean. Air conditioners hold a lot of dust and mold, and if you do not clean them, your allergies are just going to get worse. Furthermore, try not to sleep right next to an air conditioner, as this can also make your allergies worsened. Do You Not Understand Your Allergies These Tips Can Help!
Tips to Consider:
- If you are one of the millions who suffer from allergies, you probably should change your air filters in your air conditioner every month. The manufacturers usually will say to change every three months, but if you have problem allergies, you should do it more often to ensure all allergens are trapped before being dispersed through your home.
- Shower before bed, taking special care to wash your hair thoroughly. Pollen, dust, and other allergens can get trapped on your skin and in your hair as you go through your day. If you normally shower in the morning, consider switching to an evening schedule. This will give you the chance to remove these irritants before bed, allowing you to have a restful night’s sleep.
- Use high-quality, anti-allergen filters in your home heating and cooling system. These filters, which are usually pleated to maximize surface area, remove even the smallest particles of pollen, dander, and other irritants from the air. Because these filters clog more easily than standard filters, you must remember to change them more frequently.
- After years of dealing with the itchiness of allergic skin and eczema, constant scratching becomes a tough habit to break–even after allergy therapy. This can cause further damage to the skin, so you should cover the area with a thick protectant like Vaseline or vitamin E oil under an elastic bandage. This allows your skin to heal and can help you to break the cycle.
Issues with dust:
- If you feel as though you are having issues with dust and dust mites in your mattress, there are mattress sealers available to you. You can put your whole mattress in the plastic. With your sheets, you should never notice the difference of the plastic sheet being there at all.
- Always know the amount of stress you are under. You may not know that stress can affect how your body reacts to allergens. This is even more true for asthmatics. A rise in stress can increase the likelihood of an asthma attack or allergy outbreak. Although this will not cure the condition, it will reduce the duration of the attacks as well as the frequency.
- Invest in an air purifier. An air purifier, especially in the bedroom, can help make a person with allergies much more comfortable. These units circulate air similar to a fan, while filtering out dust and other air pollutants. For the best results, look for a unit that features a HEPA filter.
Breeding grounds for mold:
Kitchens are breeding grounds for mold, which can torment would-be chefs who have mold allergies. To discourage the growth and spread of this unwanted intruder, always use an exhaust fan while preparing food on the stove or in the oven. This draws excess moisture from the air, which makes it difficult for mold to grow.
People who suffer from allergies need to think about hiring someone to mow their lawn and do other gardening activities around their home. Both of these activities will expose people to pollen and dust. If you can afford to hire someone to do this for you, then this is a great solution. If you cannot afford to hire someone, then wear a mask while doing these activities.
With everything you have learned thus far from this article, you have the knowledge to start making a difference in your life. You, as well as the people around you, do not have to endure the problems caused by allergies any longer. You will feel so much better by using these tips.