Many people think that the great basketball franchise starts with a playing quarterback. A good ball steward and a scavenger can immediately offend any team, and some players can also defend the ball.
Let’s look at the top 5 players of the last 25 years. It’s a complicated list to narrow it down, and while the order may depend on opinion, I think almost everyone would agree that all of these participants are some of the best players ever to participate in the game.
- Steve Nash. At 35, he looks as beautiful as ever. After receiving two MVP awards, both after 30 years, Nash has established himself as one of the great players in the game.
- Chris Paul. CP3 gets better every year, and when everything is said and done, it can easily move up the list. He’s one of the best defenders in the game and the best year to lead the league in assists.
- Jason Kidd. A three-time two-time king of our generation and one of the best basketball players ever played, Kidd is a modern-day Oscar Robertson with his unique ability to pass and fend off a playmaker.
- John Stockton. The permanent leader in gear should be on this list. Do you know why the Jazz made the playoffs for almost 20 years in a row until Stockton turned 40? It was a combination of this phenomenon and Carl Malone.
- Magic Johnson. Erwin Magic Johnson led the Lakers to several championships, and most people attribute it all to him. His ability to pass, bounce and score the ball like few others has easily made him one of the most versatile players of all time and one of the best players.
In addition to basketball, Ken is a writer covering a variety of topics including crystal lamps, crystal lampshades.